To achieve its goals, LIFE needs local and international partners and individuals to contribute. Specific contributions that would be most helpful include:
- Contributing to integration of fungal diagnostics into microbiology or mycology labs
- Local validation of diagnostic tests for national regulatory purposes or direct clinical care.
- Physician training in the best use of fungal diagnostic tests and antifungal treatments.
- Working with hospital management, state/provincial/county and national authorities to commission and implement appropriate diagnostic testing for Fungal Infection locally.
- Research into the frequency and burden of Fungal Infection in your area.
- Research into the impact of Fungal Infection on patients’ lives, such as disability-adjusted life years (DALY), quality-adjusted life years (QALY), quality-adjusted life expectancy (QALE) assessments.
- Research into the impact of antifungal treatment on quality of life.
- Implementation of therapeutic drug monitoring for itraconazole, voriconazole, posaconazole and flucytosine. Methods available here
- Local fund raising and running public awareness campaigns similar to the UK art and music competition.