For a comprehensive calendar of fungal courses and conferences please visit our sister site Aspergillus & Aspergillosis.
Fungal infections: from epidemiology to treatment - theoretical and practical aspects (postgraduate course). 2-5 Oct 2019. Athens, Greece. Further information. (Young ISHAM members can apply for reduced registration fees)
Better Methods for Clinical Studies in Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology: An ESCMID Hands-on Workshop. 7-9 Nov 2019. Seville, Spain. Website.
Antimicrobial Stewardship Research Workshop. 14-15 Nov 2019. Maryland, USA. Website.
9th Advances Against Aspergillosis and Mucormycosis (AAAM). 27-29 Feb 2020. Lugano, Switzerland. Website.
- 53rd Scientific Conference of the German-speaking Mycological Society (DMykG). 5-7 Sep. Mannheim, Germany
- Jornadas de Micologia Medica. 20 Sep 2019. Rosario, Argentina. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6th International Conference on Mycology and Fungal Infections. 7-8 Oct 2019. Madrid, Spain.
- Trends in Medical Mycology (TIMM). 11-14 Oct. Nice, France
- VII Congreso de Enfermedades Endemoepidémicas. 13-15 Nov 2019. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- ISHAM INFOCUS. 13-16 Nov 2019. Salvador, Brazil. (Young ISHAM members can apply for a grant, deadline 13th Sep)
- APSMM: The Hotspot of Fungal Infection in the Asia Pacific Region. 22-24 Nov. Guangzhou, China.
- 15th European Conference on Fungal Genetics. 17-20 Feb 2020. Rome, Italy.
- 9th Advances Against Aspergillus and Mucormycosis (AAA) 27-29 Feb 2020. Lugano, Switzerland.
ASM Microbe. 18-22 June 2020. Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Online courses, CME and MOOCs
ISHAM course on Diagnostic Medical Mycology. 12 modules plus an exam (with certificate). CHF75 (or CHF15 for ISHAM members)
Expert presentations on 'Evolving Strategies to Optimise Treatment of Patients with Invasive Mould Infections' and 'Invasive Mould Infections: The Case for Early Diagnosis' can be found here
Challenges in Antibiotic Resistance: Point Prevalence Surveys (BSAC, via FutureLearn)
Antimicrobial Stewardship: Managing Antibiotic Resistance (University of Dundee, via FutureLearn)
The New Antifungal Toolkit: The Pharmacopeia and Beyond is an Internet CME curriculum that will provide current information about new FDA-approved agents/formulations for the management of invasive fungal infections (IFIs) and evaluate the role of these newer options in strategies to optimize antifungal therapy. As such, the activity will move beyond the typical drug pharmacopeia to address dosing in special populations (eg, pediatrics, patients with renal insufficiency, specific host types), health economic data, as well as comparative effectiveness, where appropriate. The activity will also include a broader pharmacopeia of all FDA-approved agents for invasive mycoses as a useful point of comparison as well as a practice reference. Two updates cover additional FDA approvals and keep the learner up to date as research data for newer agents mature and clinical experience grow. More information
Free online learning opportunity (CME module): Fungal pulmonary infections: pulmonary aspergillosis in non-hematological patients.
Mechanisms in Fungal Infections - From the science to the Clinical Setting (E-learning course) — E-learning resource with CME content developed by expert multidisciplinary specialists. Designed for oncologists, hematologists, and infectious disease specialists who treat patient groups at risk from developing fungal infections More information
The Antifungal Toolkit: The Pharmacopeia and Beyond (University of Nebraska, via Fungus CME)
Antifungal Drugs for Onychomycosis: Efficacy, Safety, and Mechanisms of Action (Global Academy for Medical Education)
Physical treatment plus antifungal best for chromoblastomycosis, review finds (Global Academy for Medical Education)