Join our free fungal diagnostics webinar on beta-D-glucan on weds 1st July 13:00-14:00 BST
June 30 2020
* * * Please note that the event starts at 13:00 British Summer Time (BST = UTC+1 = GMT+1) * * *
- Click here to join the webinar or copy the following link into your address bar: https://fungalinfectiontrust.webex.com/fungalinfectiontrust/onstage/g.php?MTID=e1b511d417fda01d9ede473f21fac3a70
- You may be asked to install a Webex browser plugin
- Event number: 163 063 8009
- pw = invasive5
LIFE Worldwide and the Fungal Infection Trust have produced a series of free webinars about how to perform and interpret laboratory tests for serious fungal infections. Pre-register at bit.ly/2WXXApk to receive email updates, or visit this page on the day of the webinar to obtain the login details.
Beta-D-glucan is a cell wall component of many fungal pathogens including Candida, Aspergillus, Cryptococcus and Pneumocystis. Testing is useful in a hospital setting to help support or rule out invasive fungal infection.
- How the test works
- Video protocols for carrying out the different assays currently available from major, including any point-of-care (‘bedside’) tests
- How to interpret and report results, including any important caveats and potential sources of false results
- Performance (sn/sp/PPV/NPV) in different diseases and patient groups
- Illustrated with recent scientific research and medical images
- Medical laboratory staff wishing to improve or expand their testing capabilities for fungal infections, particularly point-of-care tests
- Specialist clinicians wishing to better understand how to select the appropriate test(s) for their clinical situation and interpret the results